As per ICANN’s WHOIS Accuracy program, every domain name registered requires validation of certain contact information fields. We sent an email earlier regarding the completion of Phase Two that entailed extending the implementation from Phase One to our APIs.
Keeping in line with maintaining WHOIS accuracy, the following actions will be taken in Phase Three effective 11th October 2017:
- New registrations and transfers in: Any registration or transfer request using pre-existing invalid contacts will fail with an error message.
- Move services: Any move services action involving an invalid contact will fail with an error message. The action can only be executed once the contact information is fixed, or replaced with another valid contact.
- Contact modification: Modification of a contact will not be possible if the contact has invalid information. You will not be able to save the changes unless all invalid information is fixed.
- Default contacts: The association of any invalid contact as the default contact for a customer account will be removed. There will be no default contact for customer accounts that, until now, had an invalid contact set as default.
- Contact search API: The contacts search API method will now only return valid contacts. To search for all contacts, including invalid ones, an additional request parameter include-invalid with a true/false value must be included.
Saturday, October 7, 2017